Message from the Course-Coordinator:
Welcome to HND in Business, THE EDEXCEL PATHWAY TO BBA, offered by the Department of Business, United College of Aviation, Science and Management, Uttara, Dhaka. There are very few colleges in Bangladesh like UCASM who runs an International BBA program under BTEC EDEXCEL, UK.
EDEXCEL, a Pearson company, is the UK’s largest awarding body. UCASM along with EDEXCEL has introduced BA (Hons) in Business Studies (BBA) with an unique structure of 2.5 years program which involves the qualification Higher National Diploma (HND) (equivalent to Year 3 of Bachelors Degree) offered by EDEXCEL and is highly demand-able. Upon successful completion of HND , students can ‘top-up’ to the final year of BBA in any National and International Universities of the world.
To become an outstanding and unique leader in today’s challenging business environment, you need to think and act exceptionally. The British BBA program has been structured in a unique way to equip you with the modern business knowledge, skills, and attitudes that are necessary to be an effective and proactive leader in a very short time. Moreover, this course structure has been designed in a very unique way. Course units include all core business related subjects and some New Subjects that you do not normally see in other business related degree. Course units are taught by highly experienced faculties who are specialized in teaching, research and real business knowledge which enable them to provide you with the necessary tools for all round educational experience.
We believe that the UCASM will give you lessons for life and the skills that is required to advance your career. We are confident that your experience here will be memorable and rewarding. Please know that your suggestions and positive input are always appreciated and valued.
Best wishes to each of you on your path to success at the UCASM and beyond.
Head of Business Department.
- Total unit: 17
- Total class time (Per day): (5-6) hrs
- Total class per week: 4 days
- Entry Requirements : HSC or A-Level or Level-3
The Level 4, 5 and 6 qualifications are equivalent to Year 1, 2 and 3 (Final year) respectively of a three-year UK Bachelor’s degree. Each level consists of 120 credits. Completing any of the level 4, 5 and 6 qualifications will enable learners a progression to the next level of higher education at UK universities.
Postgraduate diplomas are taught courses at level 7 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) – the same level as Masters degrees. However, they are shorter (120 credits) and learners will have to proceed to the dissertation stage (60 credits) with university to achieve a full Masters or MBA.
Level 8 diplomas are taught programmes on the Regulated Qualification Framework (RQF). They also sit on the European Qualifications Framework (EQF) at level 8 which is equivalent to DF-EHEA third cycle qualifications, comparable to doctorate level of study.
OTHM qualifications at level 8, represent knowledge, skills and competencies that are recognised in academic terms as being comparable level to Doctoral Degrees and Vocational Qualifications at Level 8.
As our qualifications are approved and regulated by Ofqual, learners are eligible to progress to top-up degree and masters programmes at many universities in UK and overseas with advanced standing. Successful completion of certain diplomas will also allow learners to join the following University of Chichester top-up programmes delivered by London Graduate School:
Application and selection
We want students with the ability to:
- Identify and analyse issues
- Problem solve
- Demonstrate their understanding by communicating effectively, both orally and in written work
- Possess self-discipline to manage their time and tasks effectively throughout their time at UCA.
How to apply
You have to collect UCA prescribed admission form by taka 500.00 and after filled up submit it with supported documents (2 copies attested photographs, attested copies of your national ID card, S.S.C and H.S.C certificates). During admission, you have to pay admission and Edexcel registration fees (pl see course fees for details).
HND Business with Management at UCA
The programme offers a qualification that can be used flexibly – you can study a general HND in Business and Management or you can study to support your career aspirations. You can use the HND as a qualification in its own right or use it to progress to undergraduate degrees in Business and related areas.
Within the programme there is a consistent educational philosophy of learning by doing in which both relevant knowledge and key transferable skills are fostered.
Given the practical nature of the programme, project work is a key feature of both the teaching and learning and assessment process. Such project work occurs both individually and in groups and is often associated with presentations. Within the ‘Personal and Professional Development module’ students are required to start developing a Personal Develop Plan which they will continue to work on throughout their studies. This aids the assessment of transferable skills and gathering of evidence to support entry into the workplace.
- The HND Business course with Management is recognized and valued by employers.
- The HND Business with Management course can lead to job progression or to a ‘top-up’ degree in Business Studies related areas as it explicitly focuses on the development of transferable skills valued by employers and needed for further study.
- The HND Business with Management qualification is also recognized by a number of Professional bodies and Industry associations.
Why should I study Business at United College of Aviation Science & Management?
As previously indicated, we offer a unique structure of 2.5 years of BBA program in which final year can be completed at any Bangladeshi Private universities, institutions and many universities of UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand in 1 year.
Students are also given opportunities for personal development through the use of teaching and learning strategies appropriate to any business situation. These strategies include project work, group work, presentations and computer-based assignments.
Successful business people need a broad range of capabilities, as well as good numerical skills. At UCASM we aim to help you develop these capabilities in order to increase your employ ability and facilitate your own personal development. By the time you finish your degree, we hope to have created an excellent-
- Analyst Organizer
- Time Manager
- Decision Maker
- People Person
Aims of the programme
- Generating knowledge to provide an educational foundation for a range of administrative and future management careers.
- To provide specialized studies directly relevant to industrial vocations and professions in which students are working or intend to seek employment.
- To enable students to make an immediate contribution to employment.
- To provide flexibility, knowledge skills and motivation as a basis for future studies and career development.
- To develop students ability in business through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the programme.
- To develop a range of skills and techniques, personal qualities and attitudes essential for successful performance in working life.